We could have another high scoring night with 10 games of NBA action on the slate this evening. The lowest Vegas total tonight is around 200 points with three games over 210 points. The top sections of the consensus list tonight has a lot of players in the mid-dollar range. Without a lot of cheap options on the board, a Stars and Scrubs approach might not be the best play tonight.
Be sure to check back about a half hour before tipoff for our “NBA Consensus Lineup Construction” article for some sample FanDuel and DraftKing lineups to consider for tonight.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers. Here are the Industry Consensus picks for tonight…
- Nicolas Batum (9) – Has been hot over his last 2 games averaging 23.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 8.0 assists
- Anthony Davis (8) – Coming off 3 straight games with at least 24 points and 10 rebounds and playing in a game that is expected to be close with a high Vegas total
- Kyrie Irving (7) – Averaging over 37 minutes with 24 points and 5 assists over his last 5 games and playing in the highest Vegas total of the night versus Kings
- Derrick Rose (7) – Has increased his production over last 3 games with Jimmy Butler out, Butler will be out again tonight
- Thaddeus Young (7) – Has put up 3 straight double-doubles averaging 17.3 points and 12.7 rebounds per game
- Gorgui Dieng (7) – His price is creeping up but he has been very productive lately and has a favorable matchup against the Pelicans tonight
- Stanley Johnson (6) – Started the last 2 games averaging 18 points and 9.5 rebounds per game, still fairly cheap
- Aaron Gordon (6) – His fantasy production has been inconsistent, boom or bust option
- E’Twaun Moore (5) – Averaging 35+ minutes per game with Butler out, cheaper option
- Russell Westbrook (5) – Good chance we see another triple-double from Westbrook against the Suns tonight
- Karl-Anthony Towns (5) – Has 7 straight double-doubles and has a favorable matchup tonight against the Pelicans
- Emmanuel Mudiay (4) – Has had an increase in minutes and production with Jameer Nelson out, Nelson is doubtful for tonight
- Evan Fournier (4) – Saw 43 minutes yesterday with Tobias Harris out, if Harris is out again than Fournier is a good inexpensive play again tonight
- DeAndre Jordan (4) – Averaging 16.5 rebounds over his last 8 games and faces the Sixers tonight
- JR Smith (4) – Coming off back-to-back 20-point games and should see some extra shots if Kevin Love is out tonight
- Jamal Crawford (4) – Averaging 20.5 points over his last 6 game, could see extra minutes with Austin Rivers out
- Kevin Durant (4) – Has scored at least 27 points in 7 straight games, Thunder should have another high scoring game tonight against the Suns
- Paul George (4) – Looks like he has worked his way out of a slump scoring 30+ points in each of his last 2 games
- Markieff Morris (3) – Increased production since Earl Watson took over as coach, still reasonably priced
- Myles Turner (3) – Looks like his price has finally caught up with his production
- Norris Cole (3) – Coming off a career-high 26 points, continues to get 30+ minutes most nights
- Brook Lopez (3) – Continues to produce consistent fantasy numbers every night
- Kemba Walker (3) – Averaging 21.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 5.5 assists in his last 2 games
- Devin Booker (3) – Continues to see big minutes with all the injuries in the Suns backcourt, playing in a high Vegas total game tonight against the Thunder
- LeBron James (3) – Could have a big night in an up-tempo game against the Kings tonight
Hope you find the right combination to cash!
Check back tomorrow for the next edition of the NBA Industry Consensus picks.