Looks like it should be a very “chalky” night in the NBA as the experts are in agreement on who all the top plays are with 13 players receiving, at least, five votes tonight. GPP success could come from fading some of these top plays to potentially gain a huge advantage over the field if they flop as we are finding that the top consensus plays are also the highest owned players typically. Check out the new “Ownership Percentage Tracking” section in today’s NBA Expert Grading column for more info.
Be sure to check back about a half hour before tipoff for our “NBA Consensus Lineup Construction” article for some sample FanDuel and DraftKing lineups to consider for tonight.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers. Here are the Industry Consensus picks for tonight…
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (10x) – His price is going up but he is still outperforming it averaging 19.6 points, 11.1 rebounds, 7.1 assists, 1.6 steals and 2.0 blocks over his last 10 games
- Zach LaVine (9x) – He has received consistent minutes and has had consistent fantasy production recently including three straight games with 20 or more points, still reasonably priced
- Jrue Holiday (9x) – With all of the injuries to the Pelicans guards, Holiday is in line for big minutes and usage
- Jabari Parker (8x) – His price tag still hasn’t caught up with his production averaging 21.4 points and 7.2 rebounds over his last 10 games
- David Lee (8x) – Has been revitalized in Dallas with 3 double-doubles in his last 5 games, cheaper option
- DeMarcus Cousins (8x) – Stud player in favorable matchup against the Pelicans in the 2nd highest Vegas total for the night
- Jimmy Butler (7x) – No minutes restrictions for Butler in his return to the lineup playing 34 minutes with 24 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assists in his first game back on Saturday
- Kawhi Leonard (6x) – Tougher matchup and a low Vegas total but Leonard has scored at least 25 points in five straight games
- Stephen Curry (6x) – How will he respond to a 1-for-10 effort from three-point range and a loss to the lowly Lakers?
- Nicolas Batum (5x) – Looks like he is getting back on track, putting up 31 points, 7 rebounds and 4 assists in his last game
- Karl-Anthony Towns (5x) – A rookie who has the consistency of a veteran
- Pau Gasol (5x) – Gasol has put up some big games against the Bucks in the past
- Kemba Walker (5x) – Coming off back-to-back 30-plus point games
- Chris Paul (4x) – Double-digit assists in 8 out of last 9 games
- DeAndre Jordan (4x) – Averaging 15.7 points and 13.0 rebounds in his last 3 games
- Rajon Rondo (3x) – Nagging injuries haven’t slowed him down much averaging 11.0 points and 12.3 assists over his last 4 games
- LeBron James (3x) – Could be a good pivot away from Antetokounmpo tonight in GPPs
- Anthony Davis (3x) – Could be a good pivot away from Cousins tonight in GPPs
Hope you find the right combination to cash!
Check back tomorrow for the next edition of the NBA Industry Consensus picks.
Follow me on Twitter @RotoPilot