Due to time constraints with the Thanksgiving holiday, I am going with a different, abbreviated format for the “Offensive Tendencies” this week. It is a snapshot of a tool I created that I like to call the “Hot Sheet”.
The charts below show the rating for each position per team based on each team’s own offensive performance and their opponent’s defensive performance for a variety of factors over the season and last five weeks:
- Vegas line and total
- Team pace (plays)
- Overall play distribution
- Red Zone and Inside 10 play distribution
- Yards per attempt (passing, receiving, rushing)
- TD per attempt (passing, receiving, rushing)
- DVOA ratings from FootballOutsiders
- Sacks, turnovers and defensive touchdowns
All of these stats and rankings are compiled, weighted and averaged to come up with a single “rating” for each team by position for this week. Numbers in red are “hot” indicating a good matchup and potential “increased opportunity” for this week. Numbers in blue are “cold” indicating a bad matchup to look to avoid. My “Top Plays” will focus primarily on recommending “hot” players that should excel this week.
Please feel free to provide feedback in the comments section or hit me up on Twitter @Rotopilot with any feedback on the different format.
Thanksgiving Slate (Thursday only)
- Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
- Kirk Cousins (WAS)
- Scott Tolzien (IND) – GPP option
- Ezekiel Elliott (DAL)
- Le’Veon Bell (PIT)
- Frank Gore (IND)
- Chris Thompson (WAS) – GPP option
- Antonio Brown (PIT)
- TY Hilton (IND)
- Cole Beasley (DAL)
- Jamison Crowder (WAS)
- Cobi Hamilton (PIT) – GPP option
- Jason Witten (DAL)
- Jordan Reed (WAS)
- Ladarius Green (PIT) – GPP option
- Steelers (PIT)
- Lions (DET)
Be sure to sign up for our Premium Content to get a look at the Hot Sheet for the rest of Week 12.