My first foray into the Showdown slate on Thursday went well as I cashed in all Double-Ups and won 71.4% of my head-to-heads. After skipping Sunday night, I back with a doubleheader of Showdown matchup on Monday night with the Texans and Saints (fun) followed by the Broncos and Raiders (yawn). Remember, the focus of this article is on Showdown Cash games and single-entry GPPs. It is also FREE, enjoy!
Be sure to sign up for a FREE 7-day to get all the great content here at DailyOverlay.
Note: DVOA referenced in this article stands for Defense-adjusted Value Over Average which is a metric from FootballOutsiders.com.
Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints
|New Orleans Saints||59||51||75||55||58||61||47||45||-6.5|
- Alvin Kamara (RB – NO) – Kamara has the best floor/ceiling combo in the matchup. The Texans allowed 0.38 receiving TDs (28th) to RBs last season and I expect Kamara gets one through the air along with the potential for one on the ground.
- DeShaun Watson (QB – HOU) – I’d much rather have Watson than Drew Brees in this matchup. The Saints ranked 22nd DVOA versus the pass last season and Watson should air it out as a road underdog in a high-scoring game.
- Will Fuller (WR – HOU) – Sure, I’d rather have DeAndre Hopkins but Fuller is cheaper and has had a great rapport with Watson when healthy. While Hopkins will have to contend with Marshon Lattimore, Fuller with get Eli Apple to slice up.
- Jared Cook (TE – NO) – The Texans allowed 5.9 receptions (30th), 67.4 yards (31st), and 0.6 TDs (27th) to TEs last season. Brees has a new target with Cooks who should have a strong game.
I think the GPP move is to insert Taysom Hill into the King spot with his cheap salary and then load up on a bunch of the high-priced big-name players but exclude Drew Brees.
Denver Broncos @ Oakland Raiders
- Phillip Lindsay (RB – DEN) – There is no threat of reaching the salary cap in this matchup, so just plug in the best plays which include Lindsay. The Raiders allowed 4.77 YPC (26th) to RBs last season.
- Broncos (D/ST) – I would also give the Broncos defense consideration for the King slot, but Lindsay should have higher upside and as I mentioned salary is of no concern
- Royce Freeman (RB – DEN) – I’m doubling down on the Broncos running game as I want to secure every rushing score
- Tyrell Williams (WR – OAK) / Darren Waller (TE – OAK) – With Antonio Brown out of the picture in Oakland the passing game should go through Williams and Waller
I think the GPP play is to actually side with the Raiders to actual playing well which should be a contrarian stance. Load up on Raiders including Derek Carr or Josh Jacobs in the King spot and include the Raiders receiving options from the Cash Core. Then get a couple of Broncos to round out your lineup (maybe Noah Fant).
Follow me on Twitter @Rotopilot